Chicken Enchilada Ring
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken* (about 12 oz)
1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese blend (I shredded my own colby jack)
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix**
2 plum tomatoes
2/3 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
*For 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, bake, poad or microwave about 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. Or for added convenience, use a rotisserie-cooked chicken, available at most supermarkets. A 9 oz package frozen diced chicken breast thawed can also be used in this recipe
**1 tsp chili powder can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cook & cut up chicken place in medium bowl. Add cheese, green chiles, mayonnaise & seasoning mix (or chili powder).
2. Seed & chop 1 tomatoe. Slice lime in half and juice to measure 1 teaspoon. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture.
3. Reserve 2 tablespoons crushed chips; add remaining chips to chicken mixture and mix well.
4. Sprinkle reserved crushed chips on flat surface. Unroll crescent dough. Place dough, sticky side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly so chips adhere to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on round baking stone (I'm sure a pizza pan would work but I've only ever used my baking stone) with wide ends overlapping in the center 4 inches from the edge (points will extend over the edge of the stone). Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5 inch opening. Scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangle up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices; cut in half. Arrange betwwn openings of ring. Cut & serve with sour cream & salsa.
Additional garnishing touch:
To make a tortilla shell to hold the sour cream & salsa, preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray Classic Batter Bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Gently press on 6-7 inch flour tortilla into bottom of bowl to form a shell. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool in bowl for 5 minutes; remove to colling rack & cool completely. To serve, place cooled shell in center of baked ring and fill half with sour cream & half with salsa. Garnish ring with shredded lettuce if desired.