Sunday, December 28, 2008
Chicken Breasts (however many you plan to serve; I used four)
Pesto (can be store bought or homemade; I used store bought and it was fantastic)
Tomatoes (probably 2; I used home grown red & yellow tomatoes; if using store bought, I recommend using roma tomatoes)
Mozzarella cheese (one slice for each chicken breast)
Pasta Roni (I like to use the Parmesan Cheese flavor but any kind will do)
1. Generously spoon pesto onto chicken breasts and bake according to package directions (I use the frozen kind out of bags. I don't remember time and temp; sorry, I'm terrible)
2. Meanwhile, begin pasta.
3. In the last 5 minutes of baking add to the top 2 or 3 slices of tomatoes and a slice of mozzarella. Bake for 5 more minutes.
4. When chicken and pasta are both done, place pasta on plate or serving dish and top with chicken. Enjoy!
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1 large can refried beans (16 oz.)
1 large container sour cream (16 oz.)
3/4 c. Miracle Whip mixed with 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 large can (or 2 small) green chilies
1 large tomato, chopped
2-3 green onion, chopped
1-2 c. grated cheese
Layer in dish. Ready to eat or let it chill for an hour or so.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp minced jalapeno slices (nacho slices)
2 tsp juice from jalapeno slices (nacho slices)
3/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
4 chicken breast tenderloins
4 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2 slices American cheese
1. Prepare creamy jalapeno sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill so that flavors develop. Stir occasionally. (We like extra sauce so I usually 1 1/2 the recipe).
2. Preheat grill or pan to medium heat.
3. Rub chicken tenderloins with vegetable oil. Salt and pepper each side of each tenderloin. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice it very thin. (I usually cut my chicken into pieces before cooking. I don't really know what is easier or better though.)
4. When you are ready to build your quesadillas, preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium low heat.
5. When the pan is hot lay one tortilla in the pan. Arrange about 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of shredded jack cheese on half of the tortilla. Tear up half a slice of American cheese and arrange it on the other cheeses.
6. Arrange about a 1/4 cup of sliced chicken over the cheese.
7. Spread about 1 tablespoon (we like a little extra sauce) jalapeno sauce over the tortilla on the half with no ingredients on it.
8. Fold the sauce-covered half of the tortilla over onto the ingredients on the other half and press down with a spatula. Cook for about 1 minute, then turn the quesadilla over and cook for a couple more minutes or until the cheese inside is melted. Slice into four pieces and serve hot. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Special BLT Sauce
1 large garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup mayo
Mix all together really well and put in place of mayonnaise or miracle whip on BLT.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Bean & Bacon Bake
53 oz. can pork & beans
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
garlic as desired
1 c. ketchup
4 tsp. vinegar
2 tsp. worchestershire
Some slices of bacon crisply fried & crumbled to place on top when beans are done (if desired)
Bake beans at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Top with bacon pieces.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
I got this recipe for Taco Soup from a good friend of mine and had been wanting to make it for awhile now. With the weather cooling off it seemed like a good day for it.
1 small onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2 cans whole kernel corn, with juice
2 cans red kidney beans, with juice
2 cans tomato sauce, 15 1/2 oz.
1 large can whole tomatoes
Brown hamburger and onion. Add rest of ingredients and cook for 1 hour.
Pour into bowl and top with sour cream, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.
Can also add salsa.
My friend also adds black olives when cooking it but I think they are totally gross so I leave them out.