Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spicy Meatballs


This is another of the recipes that I take for potlucks or for things like the Super Bowl party we are invited to this afternoon. It always seems to go over real well. I love it when people like it enough to ask me for the recipe or if I'll please bring my meatballs. They have just the right amount of bite and flavor to them. I think you'll really like these.

Spicy Meatballs

Meatballs:
1 # ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1/2 c. (1 slice) soft bread crumbs
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Shape into meatballs. Place in 8" square baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Drain.

While these are baking, prepare the sauce.

Spicy Sauce:
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T. vinegar
2 T. water
2 T. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce

In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; add cooked meatballs. Simmer, covered 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.

Sometimes I double the amount of sauce just because I like extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment