Monday, April 27, 2009

Powerballs


I got this recipe from the comments on a post over at Money Saving Mom and now I have no idea which post or who posted the comment, but whoevers recipe this is, I am forever grateful! It is the perfect snack! It's so nutritious and super delicious! I love how easy it is to grab on the go, how filling it is and most of all how healthy it is!

Powerballs
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milled flaxseed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Mix peanut butter and honey together until smooth.
2. Gradually add in oats, flaxseed & wheat germ, also stir in any chocolate chips, dried fruits and nuts you choose to add. (we used craisins! raisins, and sliced almonds...very delicious. I think next time I want to try some dried apples too). I think next time I will also add some coconut!
3. Mix gently in stand mixer or by hand (I did this by hand and had no problem getting it all mixed together easily).
4. Roll into ping-pong sized balls.
5. The original recipe says to place in mini muffin cups and the refrigerate overnight but I just rolled them into balls and tossed into a square pan all together because that fit into my fridge much better. We had no problems with them sticking together so I would definitely do it this way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment