Friday, May 15, 2009

Catherine's Banana Bread


I don't really like banana bread with a strong banana flavor. The cream cheese in this one really helps tone it down and it's so moist! I got the recipe from a friend at work several years ago and I am so thankful because I didn't care for banana bread until I tried this recipe! This is also fun to make in mini loaves like I did this time and give away as gifts; just make sure to cut the baking time down a bit so they don't over cook and get dry.

Catherine's Banana Bread

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. margarine
1 c. mashed bananas
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. bkg. powder
1/2 tsp. bkg. soda
1 c. chopped nuts

Combine cream cheese, sugar and margarine, mixing until well blended. Blend in banana and eggs. Add combined remaining ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve with additional cream cheese, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this yesterday and I really enjoyed it! It is very moist and wonderful! I also made some muffins with the extra batter that I had and I think those turned out better than the bread!

    ReplyDelete