Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chili


This is one of the things I make that people usually ask me for the recipe. It's an easy one to make and it's so good, especially on these cold days like we've been having. I made the chili today to take to a church softball team get together at a friend's house tonight. No, I don't play but my wonderful husband does. I'm just one of their biggest fans.
Let me know what you think of this recipe if you try it.

Chili


1 1/2 # ground beef
1 c. onion, chopped
1 can (1# 12 oz.) tomatoes, diced
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans (when I double for the 2nd can I've used pinto beans but you don't have to)
1 T. sugar
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 jar (8 oz.) salsa (I use Pace Picante, medium)

In large, heavy kettle, brown ground beef and onion. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Heat to boiling, then lower heat. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

This is really good served with fry bread or corn bread muffins.
Also, really good topped with sour cream, more onions and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment