Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bean & Bacon Bake

Today we had our church Thanksgiving meal. The dish that I took was called Bean & Bacon Bake. The picture didn't look the greatest so I decided not to post it but these really are very yummy. They are special to me because the first time I ever tried them was at the reception after my dad's (Kayla's grandpa's) funeral. A close friend of the family, Kathy, had made them and they were delicious! She graciously shared her recipe with me that a friend of her Grandma's had given her Grandma around 1955. Be prepared for your whole house to smell wonderful while these beans are baking. Mmmm!


Bean & Bacon Bake

53 oz. can pork & beans
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
garlic as desired
1 c. ketchup
4 tsp. vinegar
2 tsp. worchestershire
Some slices of bacon crisply fried & crumbled to place on top when beans are done (if desired)

Bake beans at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Top with bacon pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment