Monday, January 12, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Okay, so anything that starts with chocolate mentioned not once, but twice in it's name you know has to be good. My grandsons were over this weekend so like any good Grandma knows you have to have cookies, right?! I mean, don't you want them to remember that Grandma's house always smelled so good and she always made the best cookies and oh, how there's just no place like Grandma's house...I know I do. I do think I have a good start on this as I know my grandsons love to come to my house. Ethan told me that he thinks these are the best cookies ever...Don't you just love grandkids? Mine are just the best! Well, on to the recipe...

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
(if I remember right this recipe is from Hershey's)

2 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter/margarine, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed lt. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 c. (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla on medium speed until creamy.
Add eggs; beat well.
Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool slightly, remove to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment