Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


What a long name for a cookie, huh? My Mr. Wonderful has been wanting these cookies for a long time so while he was out last night I thought I'd surprise him by baking them. He really likes these and I hope you do too if you decide to try them. I am so not a craisin eater and so there was a double bonus to making these...my husband gets them all to himself and I don't even crave them. Yay! The recipe was one he'd torn out of a magazine a while back.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 c. butter or margarine, softened
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 6-oz. pkg. Ocean Spray Craisins Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
2/3 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in craisins and white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden on edges. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment