Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pesto Chicken

My friend Kelley invited me over for dinner one night and this is what we ate. Let me tell you, this recipe is amazing! I came home and made it for Brandon that same week. He scarfed it down and told me to add this to my "Kayla book." That's what he says when he REALLY likes something I've cooked. I don't really know if the real name of this recipe is Pesto Chicken or not but that seems like a fitting name.

Pesto Chicken

Chicken Breasts (however many you plan to serve; I used four)
Pesto (can be store bought or homemade; I used store bought and it was fantastic)
Tomatoes (probably 2; I used home grown red & yellow tomatoes; if using store bought, I recommend using roma tomatoes)
Mozzarella cheese (one slice for each chicken breast)
Pasta Roni (I like to use the Parmesan Cheese flavor but any kind will do)

1. Generously spoon pesto onto chicken breasts and bake according to package directions (I use the frozen kind out of bags. I don't remember time and temp; sorry, I'm terrible)
2. Meanwhile, begin pasta.
3. In the last 5 minutes of baking add to the top 2 or 3 slices of tomatoes and a slice of mozzarella. Bake for 5 more minutes.
4. When chicken and pasta are both done, place pasta on plate or serving dish and top with chicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment